Today, I am excited to introduce Larissa from Just Another Day in Paradise. I simply love her blog. I have been following it for awhile now, and I feel like if I met Larissa in person we would be good friends. I love her taste in crafts. She shares great recipes....and well, we both have 3 cute boys. She makes you feel right at home while you read and I simply love that.
Here are few of the things I love that she has made...
I know you are going to love what she is sharing with you today too...
Hey Creation Corner Readers! I am so happy to be over here today celebrating Spring with you all.
My name is Larissa and I can be found getting my creative on over at my blog Just Another Day in Paradise
I spend my time mostly being a Momma to three Little Men. When I need a creative break I sew, craft, paint, decorate, cook, and plan a party or two. One of my two favorite times of year is Spring. Everything is so fresh and brand new. Sweater and jeans can be put away. T-shirts and skirts can come out. I am totally a skirt wearing girl. So with my love of Spring and skirts I decided to share an easy skirt tutorial with you today.
1 1/2- 2 yards of fabric
3/8" elastic cut to your measurements (do this buy gently pulling your elastic around your waist, stretching it so that it comfortably and snuggly sits at your waist)
1. Measure your waist, or where you want your skirt to hit.
2. Cut two rectangles of fabric, each measuring the width of your waist plus 1", and how long you want your skirt plus 4 1/2".
3. Cut two strips measuring 4" by 44" (this gave me a long tie in the front)
8. For the top hem, start by folding and pressing in 1/2" all the way around the top.
19. Pick the back of your skirt. Locate the middle and pin the center of the belt you just sewed to the cent of the back. Sew a single line from the top of the band to the bottom attaching it to the back, kind of like a permanent belt loop.
Pulling the belt somewhat tight, pin the belt in place along each side seam. Sew in place,again like a stitched belt loop.
Now you just need to put on your lovely Springy skirt, tie a marvelous bow in the front and put on a pair of sandals...unless you are me and are in the middle of Spring downpours, then pair it up with a pair of boots and a jean jacket.
I would love for you guys to stop on by my blog. I have lots of other
easy tutorials and fun things to share with you.
THANK YOU Tasha for having me come and play today, and thank you for
giving me a good reason to make myself a new skirt.