Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Snap Conference

SNAP the Conference was AMAZING.  The fabulous classes, the amazing bloggers, the incredible SNAP team...every last detail I loved.  I am so grateful I had the opportunity to go.  I was completely nervous to do it alone...and honestly it was very hard on my quiet, non-aggressive personality (meeting new people has always been very hard on me), but I am SO glad I went and did it.  I loved getting to see and talk and rub shoulders with so many incredible women.  It is a wonderful feeling when you talk to someone you have been emailing with for months (if not longer). 
Me, Kristy (The Dairy of Dave's Wife), Kelli (Lolly Jane Boutique), Jamilyn (I Heart Naptime), and Ashley (Mommy by day Crafter by night.)
The first girls I ran into were these wonderful friends.  They were kind enough to let me sneak a seat by them. (Later we learned we were not suppose to be sitting on the floor.)  I was the most excited to meet Kelli (green sweater) from Lolly Jane.  I adore her and after a lot of emailing I loved that finally we could meet in person.  She is truly as happy and fun and friendly as she seems on her blog.  Do you see those big black bags we all have....they were the SWAG bags FULL of amazing things from the sponsors.  Happiness!
The venue at Thanksgiving Point was gorgeous.  I loved walking around taking in all the beauty and even got a few quiet moments alone in a some gardens.  The weather was fabulous the entire time and it really was a perfect location for this fun event.

This was the Sponsor/break room.  I ate lunch there both days and loved meeting sponsors and amazing bloggers.  The sponsors for the event were incredible.  Every last one. 


We ate dinner each night in the barn room.  Thursday night we walked in to see the place looking like this.  Everything you see, the SNAP team created.  Since it was a creative conference they wanted to make all the details by hand.  I loved that.  It was gorgeous. 

Don't you just love the details?

 
Tauni introduced the full SNAP team and I loved seeing them all together.  I can say nothing but good things about each and every one of these women.  Honestly, they were all friendly, loving, personable, and I came to love them and their blogs even more just by watching the way they interacted with us all.  You could tell they had put so much effort into every last detail for us, and truly wanted to make this a conference we would all remember.  Thank you SNAP Team.
That evening we were able to hear from Tauni (Leader of SNAP team) and Amy (The Idea Room).  I loved what they both taught us.  It was actually an empowering moment for me.  They emphasized what I have been really feeling lately.  The theme the introduced was "Just be You".  I loved it. 
One of the people I really wanted to meet was Gwen from Gwenny Penny.  We have been blog friends for some time now and I just love her and her style.  When she tapped me on the shoulder Thursday night I was SO excited!!  I had the opportunity to talk with her a couple of time throughout the conference and I loved it.  I think I could have spent the entire conference with her.   I loved seeing pictures of her children and hearing her take on blogging and life.  She is an amazing women.
After 9 or 10 years I finally got to see my beautiful friend Stephanie from Somewhat Simple.  We grew up together and I truly just love her.  It took a blogging conference for us to see each other after all these years.  It didn't feel like it has been that long though since we have kept up with each other through blogging. 
Tausha and I meeting.  I love her blog as well.  She came over to meet another Tausha to find out I really say my name with an "a" sound (as in apples).  But, we still needed a picture!  She is so much fun. 
Becca from Blue Cricket Designs and I.  Oh, how I love Becca.  She is another girl I grew up with and honestly has always been fun, creative, and someone people wanted to be around.  I loved getting to talk to her multiple times during the conference.  Love you Becca!
This group of ladies (minus the two on the left) I sat with during the Thursday night dinner.  The Dating Divas and The Letter 4 Girls were so awesome!  Truly, I loved each one of them.  They were so cute and sweet and fun to be around.  When I ran into them waiting to get into a class on Friday I wanted to get a picture (since I had forgotten the night before).  I know I will be following both of their blogs from here on out. (I think I feel a little short looking at this picture.)
Oh, how I LOVED meeting Desiree from The 36th Avenue.  She is SOOOO awesome!  Yes, she is just as fun and happy and wonderful in person as she is on her blog.  I have yet to meet another lady like her.  I loved chatting with her multiple times
This whole weekend would not have been possible without my wonderful Mother who was my driving partner and made it so I could go.  Thank you Mom.  (My Mother is so good to me.) Then I got to spend the nights and mornings with my two beautiful sisters.  I left saying I NEED more Mom/Sisters getaways.  We had so much fun together!!  They came out for the Queen Bee Market on Friday night. 
Right as we walked in the door we walked into Becca and Stephanie.  They were excited to see my Mom and Sisters as well.  (Since we all grew up together.)
And then the AMAZING Queen Bee Market!  There were lots of fun and fabulous vendors.  We shopped and shopped and shopped.  Then got into a line that took over an hour to get through!  (Yes, there were that many people there.)
I am grateful I was able to attend the conference.  It was a great experience for me.  Now, I am back home trying to get back into the swing of things and cannot wait to go through all the business cards I received.  There are a lot of new blogs for me to check out!

14 comments:

chris said...

I'm so glad you were able to go and had such a great time! There are so many people in your photos I would have liked to meet...YOU included. :)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

So glad I got to spend some time with you, Tasha. You are just as sweet in real life as you are on your blog. It really was a fantastic conference, wasn't it?

Jaime said...

I was so sad looking at all the pictures on the internet that kept popping up. I wish I could have figured out a way to go. It seems like it worked out for the best for you since you got to see your sisters. And Tauni just emailed me that I won a swag bag so I am so excited to be a little part of it. Let's sew soon!! Or just hang out. :)

Becca said...

That looks awesome! I am so glad you had a good time! I hope to one day be able to go to a conference like that!

http://beginningwithbecca.blogspot.com/

sara said...

So fun!! I'm sooo glad you went and enjoyed yourself (even though it was hard to branch out). I loved getting to see you on your way there and back! Great pictures!

Tauni said...

I am so very, very glad you were able to be a part of this year's event. I've enjoyed getting to know you through your blog in the last year and only wish I would have been able to spend more time (or any time) with you at the conference.

I hope you'll be able to be with us again next year!

xoxo
Tauni

ellie g said...

This was such a COMPLETELY lovely wrap-up post. Seriously. I got a little teary. I am SO glad you came. And to get to grow up around Becca and Steph? They are two of my VERY favorite peeps in the world. Again, such an amazingly thoughtful post. Love!

joyous said...

Super fun!!! What an amazing event to be a part of. And fun to meet all your friends from the blogging world. :) I'm glad you had a great time and awesome job on getting pictures of the event!!!

Sky said...

You did a great job of capturing this experience, Tasha! What a fun time it all looks like! I can imagine it really is fun to really meet the ladies that we see pics of on blogs :) Good for you for sucking up your fears and going on your own- I'll start now to pump myself up and maybe I'll have enough courage for next year! :)

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

I didn't get a chance to meet you, but I was at SNAP. I'm a new follower of your blog. Nice to *meet* you :)

Tausha said...

It was so fabulous meeting you! Us creative T-girls have got to stick together...right? Love this post and thanks for including me. I feel so honored to have rubbed shoulders with such a fantastic friend! Have a happy weekend!
Tausha with a "u"
sassystyleredesign.blogspot.com

Jen@eighteen25 said...

you are so cute!! we crossed paths a couple times, but never really introduced ourselves. sorry about that. next time for sure!! such a fun blog you have here so glad i found it. :)

Becca said...

So so fun to see you AND your family at SNAP! I am so glad you had a blast and I hope you come next year too!!!

Connie said...

See, and I would be just like you, nervous... I love all the friends and recognition through a computer, but I'm not sure I could handle it, in person. You so look like had a blast. Thanks for sharing SNAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...