Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lemon Bar Recipe

I LOVE Lemon Bars.
Love. Love. Love. Them.
Every spring, when the beautiful lemons are ready to be picked from the trees, I start craving them.
 Oh, they are so yummy.
Last week, when I had book club at my house my husband laughed when he saw what I made as dessert.
"It wouldn't be a party without Tasha's Lemon Bars," he said.
Yep, that is right.
If I am going to make them I need to make them for a purpose...  
Or I will eat the ENTIRE pan myself.

Here is my favorite recipe (and I have tried a lot of recipes)

My Favorite Lemon Bars

Ingredients:
2 sticks (8 ounces) real butter (no margarine, although you can, it just does not taste as good)
2 cups flour
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
4 beaten eggs
2 cups sugar
5 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup lemon juice (this is about 2 large lemons)
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon peel
sifted confectioners sugar

Preparation:
Heat over to 325 degrees.  Blend butter, 2 cups flour, and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar.  Pat into ungreased 9x13 pan.  Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.  For filling, blend together eggs, sugar, 5 tablespoons flour, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Pour over first layer once it comes out of the oven.  Return to the oven and bake at 325 degrees for 20-22 minutes.  Loosen around edges, cut into bars and sift confectioners' sugar over the top while warm.  Then enjoy! 

10 comments:

Mrs.B said...

They look SO yummy.

chris said...

You're killing me! I love lemon bars too. Must add to my collection. :) ps love the new banner.

~Kelly~ said...

Thanks for the recipe! I, too, enjoy these and haven't found that *perfect* recipe.... YET.
Hope this is IT! :)

Larissa said...

Yum! I love lemon bars too. I will have to pin this!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

My husband loves lemon bars! Pinning this recipe. Love the new blog look :)

Paint Me Plaid said...

These look so yummy!

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

Why are you doing this to me... they look so good! By the way I am loving the new look of your blog! I'll be back later to party!

Crystal said...

Oh my, these looks SO good! I must make them soon. Thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

nice idea.. thanks for sharing....

Mommy Sauri~ said...

These look and sound delish.

Mommy Sauri~
http://casadesauri.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...