Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mickey Mouse Party

A couple of weeks ago was my youngest son's birthday.  He is currently in love with Mickey Mouse and so that is what we decided his party should be.  I LOVE that he LOVES Mickey Mouse.  Isn't it more fun to plan a party when you are in love the theme as well?
I made adorable Mickey Ears for all the kids (along with a few Minnie Ears for some of the girls)
I also made a cute sign to go with them. 
Plus, my 7 week old nephew was there, so I had to make him Baby Mickey Ears to wear.  He really did wear them the whole time too.  It was so cute.
The party favors were these fun Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats on a stick. I got the idea HERE.
I will be sharing a tutorial later on them.  They were easy to make and oh, so yummy!
I also made these fun dipped oreo Mickey Mouses.  I got the idea and tutorial on how to do them HERE and HERE.  I did them slightly different then either, but love how they turned out.
Cute cupcakes with fun Mickey Mouse toppers cut out on my friend, Kristen's, cricut.  She helped me cut out all of the signs, banner, cupcake toppers, and invitations.  Kristen is the best!
The cake had Mickey Mouse and a fun little banner hanging behind him.  I love that Mickey Mouse!
A simple way to add Mickey Mouse was a platter of veggies using one place and two bowls to look like Mickey's head.  Simple, healthy, and cute!
 Of course a fun Mickey Mouse Banner also.  I just LOVED the banner.
For games we let the kids play around in the back yard.  We had "Mickey's Jump House" on our trampoline where we let the kids jump with a bunch of black balloons on it.  This was the biggest hit.  They played almost the whole time on there and did not want to get off.  We also played "Mickey Mickey Mouse" (As in Duck Duck Goose) and also a little relay race too. 

Do you see what my son is wearing too?  He wore his Halloween Mickey Mouse costume I had made him.  He looked so cute dressed up as Mickey Mouse through the whole party.
We also has some Mickey Mouse chocolate covered marshmallows.  I got the idea HERE.
It was a fun day and the best part...my little guy loved the whole thing! There will be lots of fun tutorials come up on how I made the ears, favors, and more.


Serendipity and Spice said...

This is so cute! I love the Rice Crispy Treat party favors! Did you see the Mickey Ear hat cookies that were featured from my last linky party: http://serendipityandspice.blogspot.com/2012/02/features-from-manic-monday-3.html

I'm sure your son loved it!

Amalia said...

My little girl is crazy about Mickey Mouse and she had a Mickey themed 1st birthday but not nearly as amazing as yours.
The outfit your son has is adorable! Thanks for sharing the ideas :)

kristen said...

That Kristen chic sounds pretty cool ;)

It was an awesome party!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

What a cute party, Tasha! I love the cake, and those headbands are too cute. You really went all out :)

Melanie said...

My youngest loves Mickey Mouse too! You have some great ideas! Can't wait to do his party in May! I am pinning this!! :)

Keriann said...

Sheesh I think you got more use out of my cartridge than i have in the 3 years I've had it!!

Everything turned out super cute!

Katalina Jewelry said...

Your little guy looks like he was having a lot fun! Those Oreo Mickey ears are soooo adorable!

Vixen said...

Ooh GREAT ideas!! Must keep them in mind for my boys who just LOVE Mickey Mouse!! Looks like a fantastic party!

Mommy Papi and Babies Sauri said...

This looks like it was a fun day and like you had lots of fun preparing.

Your son looks adorable too.

Mommy Sauri~

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

What a cute party! I especially love the Mickey banner! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...