Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mickey Mouse Ear Tutorial

 For my son's Mickey Mouse birthday party I made Mickey Mouse (and a few Minnie Mouse) ears for the guests to wear.  I got the idea HERE and HERE.  It took me a few trials to make them a way that worked for me, but this was my final outcome.
 I used black felt and created this little template.  I basically used a cup to make a circle and then cut the bottom off the circle.
 I cut out 4 pieces for each set of Mickey Ears.

 Then on my sewing machine I zigged them together leaving the bottoms open.  I then stuffed them with fiber fill and zigged them shut.  Then I hot glued them onto black headbands. 
Pretty simple and easy right? 

 I also made one small baby headband for my 2 month old nephew who was at the party.  For this I cut a smaller template, but still stuffed it with the fiber fill.  Before zigging the bottom shut I put some black stretch elastic that I use for headbands into each piece and sewed it down.  They turned out pretty cute and my nephew wore them through the entire party.
I also made a few mini mouse headbands for the girls who would be there that didn't want Mickey Mouse ears.  I used some red polkadot fabric I had on hand and created a bow by sewing a small tubing, turning it right side out, pinching the center down and sewing it by hand together,  and then gluing another piece of the fabric around the center.

 They were a big hit.
 I had a few left over, so if you are wanting to do a Mickey Mouse party and do not want to make your own the first person to buy them out of my shop HERE gets them.
 Here is my little Mickey Mouse with his ears on.

We just LOVE Mickey Mouse at our house!
I will be linking to some of these parties HERE.

Also, GFC will be going away soon please join me with the new Linky Connect


The mum of all trades said...

These are fab! I have pinned them. My niece is Mickey Mouse mad she would love these.

Hopes And Dreams Studio said...

Adorable!!! I'm you newest Linky follower Stop by and follow us back when you get a chance.

chris said...

Darling! I am so glad you shared these.

Fun YKK Zippers said...

Tasha, You are sooo creative! We have a pair of Minnie Mouse ears from Disney World, but I think yours look even more real!

kristen said...

Cute! That sucks that GFC is going away. Will blogs lose followers?

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

These look so easy, Tasha. I never would have guessed it! Love the Minnie bows :)

Meeha Meeha said...

It looks pretty easy to do, but what a smashing result! Very, very nice...

Jenny Melrose said...

I love the way your ears came out. I used the tutorial from when I made mine for my daughter's minnie mouse party. I'm following via Linky Followers. Stop by and check me out.

Erika said...

This is so adorable! I have several readers that are huge Disney fans; I hope you can stop by and share at the It's a Wrap Link Party at Artful Rising.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...