Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Birthday Traditions

It is a birthday morning at our house.
Which means starting the day out with breakfast in bed.
We let the kids choose what they want for their special breakfast.
This was my son's choice: a donut with sprinkles, eggs, and orange juice.
We have to come in singing Happy Birthday.
I personally have to sing and say say Happy Birthday all day long!!
We put candles in every meal and blow them out all day long.
I love birthdays
I love fun traditions.

So, my question to you my friends...
What are your fun birthday traditions?

5 comments:

Kaysi said...

That is so fun!!! It's a birthday at my house too, but I'm not nearly has fun as you are!

Jaime said...

Love it!! I love the candles all day! Those tall ones are perfect for it. We do a donut cake! A dozen donuts piled on top of each other into a tower!

Carly said...

How come I didn't know you do candles all day?! I need to raid you for ideas. I feel like we really need to vamp up the traditions for birthdays here... and I have one TOMORROW! And then Raymond's this summer will be (I think) the first one he really gets too. SO it's got to be GREAT. I'm totally gearing up for it already (five months of planning should be enough!)

LOVE YOU! and your crazy fun birthday-ness :)

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

What a super cute idea!! I love the candles in every meal idea, what a fun and easy way to celebrate.

~Kelly~ said...

I hang streamers covering the door openings to my sons bedrooms. They LOVE this tradition. This year I hung them horizontal so my oldest had to rip out of his room into his new year. You can check it out here:

http://whomatterskelly.blogspot.com/2012/01/streamers.html

I really like your idea of candles for each meal. That's a good one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...