Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Advent - Clip-a-days

 All of my memories of Christmas include these fun advent calendars that we call
My Mom and my Aunt started the tradition.
They started out with only Hershey Kisses, but over the years they have changed to all sorts of candies.
 Basically, you take siran wrap and pull out a nice long strip.
Then you cut it straight down the middle.
Place your favorite holiday candies just a little apart from each other.
 Roll the siran wrap over the candy.
Then tie a piece with curly ribbon to tie it off.
My boys LOVE this advent calendar.
They LOVE cutting off their candy each and every day.
And, I LOVE that I am passing down this tradition to my kids.

Plus, this year I got to make them along side my Mom, 2 Sister, 2 Brothers, and Sister in Law.
We had a blast doing it together.
Lots of chatting and fun.
They are simple, fun, but fair warning...they are a little time consuming.
Fun time consuming though.

Merry Christmas my friends!


Jaime said...

I love these! We always make our candy leis this way. :)

Denyse@Crazy Beautiful Life said...

This is a cute idea...I would love for you to share it at my "18 Days til Christmas" Linky party...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...