Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall Ball Hoe Down

Last week was the Fall Ball at our Elementary School.
Since, I know a lot of you are like me and work and volunteer at your children's schools
I thought you might enjoy seeing a fun activity that has become a tradition at our school.

Plus, I spent quite a few hours prepping and helping at the event.
I was able to make 300 bunting flags to be strung around the event into banners.
It was a lot of work, but oh so worth it.
You can see one of them in the picture below.
My fabulous friend Letti was one of the masterminds behind the event. 
She is so clever and creative.
She and the other lady put in hours and hours of work that came into a fabulous fun family event and fundraiser.

The above picture is the backdrop for the photo booth.
A wonderful photographer volunteered her time to do this booth.
They had fun props and chalkboard signs that the kids and families could use to make their pictures fun.
They charged $5 per picture package.
The line for the photo booth went all night long.
They were so clever with the decorating.
We decided to make it a kid friendly and had the classes help come up with the decorations.
A number of classrooms made different "Fall"decorations that we used to pin and tape up all over the room.

 The ticket prices were $7 a ticket or $25 for a family.
With the ticket price they served cookies and drinks and had dancing all night long.
You could also purchase nachos or hot dogs for a $1 each.
We also had two face painters come and donate their time.
We charged $1 for anyone to get their face painted.
This had a long line all evening long also.
It was a fun added festivity.
The DJ also donated his time.
He was great.
This was the highlight for my boys.
They LOVE to dance.
They had so much fun together.
Here is my fun friend Letti (and mastermind) in the photo booth.
I just love her.
I am grateful for her friendship.
She is always so busy volunteering herself everywhere.
Plus, she has 6 kids of her own.
She is amazing!

It was a lot of hours putting everything together
(And I didn't even do a fraction of her Letti did)
But when the night was over it was so worth it!

1 comment:

chris said...

What a wonderful idea for a fundraiser. I could see this working really well for our school community, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...