Monday, September 5, 2011

A New Project

Getting fabric in the mail is so much fun.  There is something about spending hours (literally) finding the perfect fabric for a project and another thing when it shows up on your doorstep.  Happiness.  I love how bright, fun, and well...happy these are.
A little over a week ago I got a fun email from a reader. She told me how she is a school teacher.  She loves my zipper pouches and wanted to find a "greener" way to send home her student's books as they learn to read.  Currently they use Ziploc bags.  She wondered if I would be willing to make 20 gallon size zipper pouch bags for her class (paying me of course).  I simply loved the idea.  (Seriously, I am in love with this project. You can only guess what I will be wanting to do for my son's kindergarten class next year.)  We talked out a price and plan that worked for us, I ordered the fabric and zippers, and now it is work time.  I have them cut out and soon will be adding the names of all the kids. (That is going to be a bit of a work) I cannot wait to show the finished project to you all. 

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Tasha, that is an awesome project! I work at a Montessori school and we use gallon ziploc bags for their lunches. I wonder if they would work for that or if it needs to be waterproof. I am pinning this! :)
Blessings,
Kathleen@AlwaysSewLove

kristen said...

The fabric is so cute! I loved the idea when you told me about it last week but I love it even more now that I have seen the fabric! I might make one for Jane for her preschool, they have to have a ziploc bag with markers and crayons in it.

See you tomorrow!!

joyous said...

Super fun! Great fabric choices for kids too. Can't wait to see your amazing work. :)

Heidi Thompson said...

Hi Tasha! I'd like to know more about this too! Fabulous idea!

Kelly said...

BRILLIANT! I think it will also help kids take more ownership over their borrowed books. Who wouldn't want to read when it looks like they are opening a present every time they get their books out!

Where did you find that amazing fabric?

chris said...

Awesome! I love the ideas you come up with, Tasha.

Catherine South said...

The mutli-colored owls are so cute! They'll make for very "wise" book bags... :D

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Love this idea! Great fabric... both owl prints are adorable. Can't wait to see these when you get them made.

Alicia @ littlesprinklesoffun said...

What a great idea! I am a K-teacher and could SO see this working!!! LOVE IT!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...