Monday, August 22, 2011

Off to College Gift Idea

Today, my youngest sister leaves for her first year of college.  It is kind of hard to believe.  I just love this sister.  Well, I love all my sisters.  (I am really lucky that way.  Each one I adore.)  Paige and I have become such good friends living close to each other.  I have loved getting to watch her grow up. She is so amazing.  Every time I hang out with her I feel like a better person.  I keep trying to not think about her leaving.  College is amazing though, so I totally want her to go.  I wouldn't trade my college years for anything.  She is going to have so much fun. 
As a good bye gift my brother and his wife made her this cute shower caddy gift of fun.  It was so clever and cute.  I had to take pictures and share it with you.  You never know when one of you might want to make one too. So clever.  Whitney was so cute with the little poems she wrote with each item in the caddy. 






Now, I will not think about her moving away. (Who is going to watch all the cheesy girl movies with me now?  And not make me feel silly watching them?)  Love you sister.  Have fun getting your dorm set up!  You know I will be texting you lots.

15 comments:

Kathleen said...

That was such a sweet and thoughtful gift! I love gifts like that. Thanks so much for sharing.
Blessings,
AlwaysSewLove

sara said...

Wow! Way fun idea. Blake and Whitney are great!!! I so love that gift basket!

joyous said...

Super cute! Those poems cracked me up. Whitney is a great sister-in-law!! Good luck this year, Paige!

kristen said...

That is such a great idea!

Carly said...

Brilliant. Whitney is so clever!!

Um and Paige is gorgeous. You hear that, Paige?! You just watch out for those RMs cute girl because shoot. That's all.

And I feel super sad for you losing Paige as your playmate :( Hang in there.

Mormishmom @ Funky PolkaDot Giraffe said...

Ahh! I can't believe that is Paige. I had to do a double take - she is so grown up and gorgeous. I love the thoughtful and clever gift - especially the shoes for public showers. Yes!

chris said...

Oh, this reminds me of a basket my mom made for me so long ago...in a caddy no less! How exciting for her to begin a new part of her life!

Adriane said...

This is so cute! What a great idea! I wish someone would have given me all these cute and practical things when I went to college!!

thanks for sharing!

-Adriane @ fruitfulhomejournal.blogspot.com

DENY Designs said...

Such a fun idea for those leaving the nest! Dorms are so bland and boring. It's hard to make them feel like home. Here are some more fun ways to dress up your sister's dorm!

http://www.denydesigns.com/

Jen said...

What a fun gift! I plan to send a care package to a college student in a few months and might need to use some of these ideas!

Kimberly said...

That is really fun! I love all the little poems she wrote. Great idea!

Deb said...

Great idea and great little poems!!!

Natalie said...

So cute! Great idea! And it was so sweet to see how much you love your little sister! :)

Suzy @ Joy Is At Home said...

I know this is an old post, but I Just found it off of pinterest & it is such a cute idea!!!

Longmeadow Mama said...

Just saw this awesome idea on pinterest. In the picture it looks like there's one of those little poems on the front of the organizer. Could you share what that says? I'm so making lots of these!
Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...