Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pirate Party

A couple of weeks ago my boys were invited to a Pirate Party.  They were asked to dress as a pirate.  It got me thinking in fun pirate themes.  I made my boys eye patches out of felt and elastic (the top left picture you see above) and swords out of cardboard and foil.
The Party was held at this amazing park that was a pirate ship.  It was fabulous.  All the kids had so much fun playing pirates on the boats.
My friend made the cake and it was darling. 
Each child was given their own treasure chest (from here) to decorate.  They were later filled with the pirate treasure they would find.  She had sequense that were self adhesive and also pens to color on them with. The kids loved this part.
Then main activity was a treasure hunt for pirate treasure.  She had clues taped up all over the park leading them to the treasure. 

It was a simple, fun, great party and I just knew I wanted to share all of her ideas with you!  She always puts on great parties.

4 comments:

Letti said...

What a fun party. I love the eye patches.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

That is fabulous!I love the photo of the little guy who has his tongue stuck out he is concentrating so hard on decorating his treasure chest! Priceless!

kraftenkrazy3 said...

Oh my heck! Where is that park!?! Are you in Arizona too? If so then I need to know where that park is. Loven the BYU shirts too!!!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Love the pirate ensemble :) That cake is amazing and adorable. Your friend is really talented.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...