Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baby Boy Blessing Outfit

My mother is amazing.  I know I have said it before, but, it is true.  She is.  In more then one way.  Today, I am talking about her sewing skills.  Everything she makes is detailed oriented and perfect.  I love her love for vintage heirloom sewing.  Love it.  She is the one who started me into the sewing and crafting world.  Most of my memories growing up are surrounded by her love of creating things.  I love that about her.
 This last weekend we went out to visit my sister to be a part of my nephews baby blessing.  My mother of course made his outfit.  She has made all the grandson baby blessing outfits.  This pattern is the one she uses for the first son of every family. (Although, each one is slightly different and made specifically for that child.)  It is the same pattern she used to make the first baby boy blessing outfit for my brother.  I have to say it is a favorite of mine.  All afternoon as I held or watched my sweet nephew it brought back so many memories of my boys as little babies on their blessing days.
Even the back is beautiful.  I have to say I love rompers on babies.  There is just something so sweet about them.  If anyone is interested in the pattern she used you can find it HERE.  It is an Ashley-Cory pattern. 
Isn't he the sweet little guy?  I could hold him all day long.  My brother is the one holding him in this picture.  We were celebrating his birthday that day too.  I have one special family.

8 comments:

Letti said...

The details are amazing. She is very talented.

Chris said...

Oh, the smocking! It's one of the few times in a boy's life you can get away with smocking and lace. :) Your mom and mine are cut from the same cloth. It's lovely.

joyous said...

Just gorgeous, as always!!! I think the peter pan collars are so sweet on those baby boys. :)

Jaime said...

Another amazing job! And congratulations on your guest post gig at Somewhat Simple! So awesome!!

kristen said...

Its gorgeous! I wish I had that kind of talent.

LeAnne said...

Wow. that is truly beautiful and one of a kind. What a wonderful talented mother.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

That smocking is amazing. I can't get over all of the little details. Your mother is so talented.

LadyLike said...

When I first opened your blog I said, "Oh my gosh, this is absolutely beautiful..stunning". She's so talented!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...