Thursday, June 30, 2011

4th of July Felt Flower Headband

My mother is currently coming up with the crafts for their Girls Camp. (She is the Stake Young Women's President in her stake.)  She has been trying out some different ideas.  On Tuesday she came over and we played around with these rolled felt flowers.  We have seen them multiple different places.  She made a red, white, and blue one so I thought I would join suite and make one to share with all of you. 

They are pretty simple and all you need is: Felt, Scissors, Glue, and a Headband.  That is it.  I like simple easy products. 

Here is how we made them, although there are lots of different tutorials out there.  This is just my version. 
Grab some felt scraps.  Make a circle.  I used a cup to create my circle.
 Once you have your circle done grab your scissors.
 Start cutting a spiral going inward.
 Cut all the way until you have a little circle left in the middle.
 Cut off the tip. 
 Start rolling the felt spiral.
 Roll it until you get to your little circle at the end.  
Do not roll too tightly.
 Put glue on the center circle and then glue it to the bottom of your flower.
 It will be glued together like this when you are done.
We used tacky glue but you could also use hot glue.
 Your flower is complete. 
Now glue them onto a headband and you are done.
I did use hot glue to glue them to the headband.

12 comments:

chris said...

These are darling! I love that you cut them out as a spiral.

Carly said...

Darling. I made Ginny a 4th of July headband using yoyos... and it didn't turn out HALF as cute. I wsh I lived two doors down from you so I could have one of yours instead! Alas.

LOVE you.

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

Where were you a week ago..:)
What a great way to make these.. I could not find a tutorial so I had to figure it out on my own.. I made a tutorial for my monday DIY to post next week.. Yeah and yours are much easier than mine..lol I'll link you at the end of my tutorial for a different way :)

Dani said...

love this!!!

New follower!

Tonia @ TheGunnySack.com said...

Very festive! I made some kinda like this last fall for a boutique sale and attached them to ponytail band!

Connie said...

Those are so, so cute! I love making headbands, but lately I have been obsessed with flip flops. Once I get my blog up and running I will have to show the world my patriotic flip flops. It will be after July 4th, but that's ok, they are still cute and summery :)

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

You come up with the cutest girls stuff. I hope you have lots of nieces or friends with girls!! Now you are a mom to 3 boys...surely you have something up your sleeve for the 4th for them???

Miya said...

Lovely tutorial and great photos too. Thank you!

Ami w/AliLilly said...

I love this!! I'm really loven the felt roses and flowers right now!! Following you from the ECE blog party! :)

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

Hey Chica! I am featuring this next week at Strictly Homemade Tuesday and I put up a post today on Temporary 4th of July Outfits. I did make L a headband and it reminded me of the headband you Guest Posted for Valentine's Day!! Have a great 4th!!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Thanks for the awesome idea. I made some clips today with your help. I blogged them and linked your page. Thanks again!!!

http://kim-lifeasweknowit.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...