Thursday, May 19, 2011

Here is Me Hoping...

There is something amazing about being around people who think like you do. Who love the same things you do. I think that is one reason I love to blog. I like having my little community of people that love to craft as much as I do. I like to read and follow and spend my time seeing what they are doing. I like leaving them comments and hoping it is making them happy to receive them and know that someone else out there loves what they have created as much as they do.

I love making friends that I have never actually met in person but just send emails and comments back and forth. I love knowing when I step out of my comfort zone and ask another blogger to sponsor a series with a tutorial or help me with a question I make a new friend.

Blogging is one of those things I am coming to realize you either get or you don't get. And that is okay. I get it. I love it.  I love all of you who read my blog and cheer me on. (Thank you, thank you!) I love the comments you leave or the questions you ask. I love the links you post up each friday sharing a little bit of your self with me.  You inspire me.
This last year I watched as many amazing bloggers came together at a Creative Conference.  A conference designed for people who love to create and craft just like me.  It looked fantastic and fun and amazing.  I stood back and watched like I normally do.  I read and reread and searched for more bloggers to tell their story of what they experienced as they went.   This year I am challenging myself to do a little better.  To go.  To step out of my comfort zone more. (I am not always so good at doing that.)


So, this is where this post comes in.  Have you heard about SNAP?  It is a creative blogging and social media conference.  I am sure you have.  It is screaming itself all over the craft blogging world and I love it.  (Love it!)


It is a conference designed to gather all people who love to create.

It is a place being led by women I look to for inspiration and learning.
(Really, go HERE to see all the amazing people behind this conference.  You will about fall of your chair like I did when I saw everyone who is on their team.  Amazing.  Truly.)

And this week they are hosting a chance to win a free ticket!!

So, why do I want to win a free ticket...
Well... if I had a ticket in hand I think it would guarantee myself of going.  I couldn't make the excuse of money.  I couldn't make the excuse I was "waiting" to buy a ticket...until it was too late.  I couldn't talk myself out of it by being too scared about going alone.  I couldn't hold myself back.  It would get me to go.  To surround myself by these amazing women who think like me.  Who love the things I love.  So, here is me hoping....

If you would like to vote for m go HERE.   I am number 19.  Just click on the vote star under my name!
Thank you!!!

Or if you want to learn more about SNAP and there amazing Conference (you want to go, you know you do...) go HERE.

10 comments:

Taylor said...

Thank you!!!! and good luck to both of us, I am secretly hoping that they give out more than one pass haha

Keriann said...

Good Luck! And don't every let going alone worry you...I'd grab your arm for the buddy system anytime!

kristen said...

I think you deserve it!

Letti said...

You have my vote :)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I hope you win, but if not I hope you still end up going because I am planning to go and I would love to meet you :) It's a big step outside of my comfort zone, too.

Carly said...

I hope you win! I'll totally vote for you. Fingers crossed.

NOTE: HELLO! This conference is in Salt Lake... and I"M MOVING TO SALT LAKE (aka, I have ulterior motives for wanting you to go!) I'm going to say little prayers you win the free ticket!

Mormishmom @ Funky PolkaDot Giraffe said...

Of course I'm voting for you!!

tauni said...

Just popping over from SNAP! to spend a few minutes poking around your blog and wish you good luck in the ticket contest!

I hope to meet in April!

xoxo

Amy said...

Good luck with the contest! Hope to see you in April!

Becca said...

SNAP conference needs you!!! Hope to see you in SLC next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...