Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring Fever with Every Creative Endeavor

I am happy to introduce Amanda from Every Creative Endeavor.  She has a "Every Creative Blog Link Party" once a month where she is trying to combine a place you can find lots of great creative blogs all linked together.  Such a fabulous idea!  So, if you are looking to find a few more craft blogs to follow her blog is the place to go. 
She loves creating lots of new projects.  
Here are few I love.

I am really excited to be apart of Spring Fever Week here at Creation Corner! All of the projects so far have been so fun! Today I am going to show you how to make a fun little fabric flower frame – just perfect for spring
I used an oval frame I found at hobby lobby – and sprayed it blue.
(Rust-oleum Spa Blue- to be exact!)
Then while the frame was drying I used the Styrofoam that was in with the frame and cover it with burlap.
I used my hot glue gun and glued around the backside.
Then I made a bright frayed-edge fabric flower. I think this is key – you want a fabric that will “pop!” I started by tearing off a 2-inch piece of fabric – so the edge was frayed. Then I baste-stitch along the edge and gather it all up and circle it around until it is a flower. For a full tutorial you can click here.
I added a fun silver brad to the middle for a little bit “extra!”
I found some jumbo lime green ric-rac that I had and hot glued a piece to the burlap and then hot glued the fabric flower on top of it all.

Then you simply insert the Styrofoam piece into your frame and you are done!
As simple as that!
Hop on over to my craft blog when you have a moment to see what else I have been up too!
Thank you so much Tasha for letting me hang around your blog today! You are awesome!

2 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Very clever!

Amanda K @ Every Crafty Endeavor said...

Thanks so much for having me today! Your blog is darling and I am glad to be a part of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...