Sunday, April 17, 2011

spring fever week here we go...

 Are you ready for a week of Spring Fever?
I know I am excited! 

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year.
There is something great about the happy spring colors.
The warmth after the cold.
(Not that Southern California is super cold...but I really love warmth.)
It is just a bit of Happinesss.
(And you know I love happy things.)
So, what better way to celebrate Spring then with great tutorials and giveaways!

It is going to be a week of daily Spring Tutorials from amazing guests.
I cannot wait to share with you the tutorials they have come up with.
The fun does not stop there though....
There are some incredible giveaways just waiting to be won!

You are not going to want to miss any of it.
Come back every single day
(maybe even more than once in a day)
To see what fun will be waiting for you.

Now to start the fun off I am sharing a Spring Bunting Stationary Tutorial
Materials Needed:
Scraps of Spring colored fabric
Sewing Machine
Coordinating Thread
Card Stock
Rotary Cutter and Mat
Paper Cutter
Ribbon
 1. Grab your fabric and rotary cutter and mat.  You will cut a 1 1/2 inch strip of fabric of each color of fabric you want.
 2.  To make the bunting triangles you will cut down diagonally a little over half of an inch.
 3.  Then cut the other side a little over half of an inch.  You want the sides to be as equal as possible. 
 4.  Once all your triangles are cut grab your paper cutter and card stock.  I cut my piece of card 4 1/2 by 8 1/2.  But, you can make your card whatever size you would like.
5.  Fold your card in half and then open it up.
6.  Grab your triangles and situate them on the card where you would like to sew them down.
7. Go to your sewing machine and sew down the triangles.  Go slowly.  Since your triangles are now pinned they will move a little.  You have to kind of play around with them.  (Usually when I sew on paper I use a separate needle since it will dull your needle.)
 8.  There you have it!  You are done. Simple and oh so cute!
 9.  I made a set of different similar cards.


When you are done you can tie them up all together with some envelops and you have a great Spring gift to a teacher, friend, or whomever you would like.  Or you can keep them for yourself!

Come back back this evening for the first giveaway!

13 comments:

Jennifer Rodriguez said...

That is so sweet and a fabulous way to use up delicious scraps :o)

Screaming Sardine said...

Wow, that is just so cute! I've never thought of sewing stationery!!

Cheers,
Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

Mormishmom @ Funky PolkaDot Giraffe said...

So cute! I can't wait to see what else is happening this week!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Super cute!

Chris said...

Darling card. I still can't get enough bunting designs.

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, that is SUCH a cute idea!! If only I had a sewing machine... If only I could sew... :) Have a great week!

Sky @ Capital B said...

So cute!!! Will go add the button for the week to my sidebar- I'm excited to keep up!

Jaime said...

I love it!! I just started sewing cards and I will definitely do these!!

Jaime said...

Would you please come link these up? :)

http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/04/wow-me-wednesday-6.html

Krista said...

Very cute and simple. Thanks for the tutorial!

Jen @ My Own Road said...

so adorable! I love anything with bunting :)

JamieS said...

These are adorable! I added your project to my Saturday Stumbles post!

~Jamie @ scatteredthoughtsofasahm.blogspot.com

Jaime said...

I featured you on Toast of Tuesday!! Come grab a button!!

http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/04/toast-of-tuesday_26.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...