Monday, April 11, 2011

A Little Painting Project

Our kitchen chairs are falling apart.  Our table is still doing good, but the chairs have had their time and then some.  On Friday when we were out at IKEA we found some unfinished chairs and decided to get 6 of them. 
On Saturday, my husband put them together and then headed to Home Depot to buy some primer and paint.

 (Please do not judge our dirty yucky garage!) So far, we are still on the priming stage, but tonight we should finish that up (we underestimated how much spray paint we would need) and tomorrow we hope to paint them.  I am excited with how they are going. 
After we get all this done I hope to make some cute red cushions to go on top to match my red kitchen. 

8 comments:

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

I love IKEA. Can't wait to see how these turn out!

Nicole said...

I want some!! Oh my goooooosh how I wish there was IKEA near me! Jealous. Love. :)

{Peppermint Plum} said...

Can't wait to see how they turn out! :)

-Annie @ {PP}

Randi said...

We have those same chairs but we've left them unpainted until I can figure out what color to do them. You've inspired me to get going on that project!

kristen said...

FUn! I love painting projects!

Letti said...

i love painting projects. Ever since I painted my dresser I am looking for more things to paint.

Jaime said...

Oh, I can't wait to see what fabric you choose!

Carly said...

AWESOME! You are SO brave! I can't wait to see how they turn out (and with red homemade cushions?!)!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...