Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Girls Apron

This last weekend my family headed out of town to visit some grandparents.  It was a nice little get away.  We try to visit my husband's family at least 3-4 times a year and since my boys were off for spring break it was the perfect time.  I love little breaks.

The night before we were leaving I remembered I had never made the girls apron for my friend who wanted to buy one for a birthday party she was going to for a friend's girl who is turning 6.    I sat down and whipped this out.  The girl loves to cook so an apron was a fun thing to create for her.
I added a little pink and green ruffle along the bottom.  I am loving my serger by the way. It makes projects like this even quicker.  Quicker + Nicer looking = Happiness.
I also added this fabric flower to the top.  It helps tie in the pink and green from the bottom.  Plus, it is cute.  I made the straps on top tie in a bow in the back to make the neck adjustable since she will probably wear it for a long time and will grow with it.  I love creating things for people. 


Kimberlee said...

I love the fabric and ruffle! Great apron!

Keriann said...

very cute tasha!

kristen said...

I bet she wears it every day! :)

Chris said...


Marina said...

That is so darling! Love the colors!
Visiting from Justsewsassy.com

Valery (CEO Wanna Be) said...

Stopping by to say hi from Wednesday blog hop
Such a CUTE idea!

Alicia @ littlesprinklesoffun said...

Too cute! Love it!

Rhinestone Beagle said...

Super cute. Love the punch of color. Thanks so much for linking up. Can't wait to see what you have for next week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...