Saturday, February 5, 2011

Valentine's for the Soldiers


Last week my boys and I sat down and with some paint brushes, paints, and finger paints for a little creating time.  It turned into making Valentine's for the soldiers.  A program though my oldest son's school.  I loved the time painting together. (Which seriously isn't easy for me because it means letting them get messy.  I don't like messy...but, they love it.  I think a lot of being a mother is letting go.  Anyone agree?)  It was nice getting to sit and talk about the soldiers for our country.  What they do for us each and every day.  I loved watching what my oldest choose to draw and write in his Valentine's to the soldiers.   I think we will be painting together more often.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I agree...a lot of being a mom is letting go and allowing your children to be creative and messy. Life is messy anyhow. :)

Ashly@Moon Walk said...

Such a thoughtful idea. I'm glad the kids and you had fun!

Kelsey said...

I want to say thank you for doing this. My husband is a soldier and when he would gets cards and letters from kids when he was in Afghanistan it meant the world to him :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...