Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Quilt Squares

Last week I made these two quilt squares. They are for a special quilt. One that I always tear up when I think about it. Or about the person it is for. A good friend.  Somone I love and admire and is truly a hero to me. She went into Cardiac Arrest just before Thanksgiving this last year.  She is only 31.  It caused some damage and she has been in the hosptial and now into a rehab center (that is happy news) ever since. She has been fighting so hard...she is amazing. Truly. She has 4 small children. Her youngest was only 3 months old when this happened. She and her family are constantly in my heart and prayers. I loved making these quilt squares. One is from me and one from my sister.

The quilt is being made by two amazing ladies.  (One of them you might know over at Blue Cricket Designs.)  These ladies I grew up with also.  It made me so happy when I found out they were doing this.  They are asking everyone who is donating to use the fabric line "It's a Hoot" by Momo (or something similar).  Isn't it just fabulous?  I am really loving the bright happy colors.  I know this dear friend is going to love it too.
We were also each asked to send a 5x5 card to go into a scrap book.  You can kind of see my note underneath this quilt square. 

9 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful. The quilt, and the love sewn into it. I hope your friend continues to recover!

C.Byrd said...

How Awesome! Such a sweet idea...sending prayers for your friend.

p.s.
I wish I knew how to quilt...not that creative...yet! :)

kasthurirajam said...

beautiful

Letti said...

What a blessing this quilt will be. I love the banner on your card.

Keriann said...

very cute! And certainly very special! I just love that red polka dot!!

Mormishmom @ Funky PolkaDot Giraffe said...

They are beautiful and I love the card. I am sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she heals wholly and quickly.

M* {Daydream Believers} said...

I love that fabric! What a wonderful gift; I'm sure your friend will treasure the cards and the sure-to-be-beautiful quilt! I will say a prayer for your friend and her family!

Jaime said...

Love the card! What a creative use for scraps. I bet she'll keep it forever and treasure it along with that beautiful quilt!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

I'm drooling over the color combo you have rocking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...