Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kid Ruffle Apron

For my niece's 2nd Birthday I wanted to make her a fun apron.  I know she loves to cook in the kitchen with her Mom and Dad (who are great cooks) and I also knew I wanted it to be totally girly. 
I created the pattern for this apron by reading 2 tutorials here and here.  Then designed how I wanted to make this one.  I wanted the apron to fit her for a few years so I used my 3 boys to decide upon sizing. I also wanted a full apron instead of a half apron.  For kids I liked them as covered as possible.  Well...actually, even for myself.
It turned out perfect and fit all 3 of my boys. (They were not too happy about trying it on for me though.  I had to use bribery.  Funny boys.)  Now I cannot wait to make some more.  Maybe even a large one for myself.

**The red and white polkadot fabric is from Bliss by Moda and the teil flower fabric is from It's a Hoot by Momo.  I love both of these fabric lines.

13 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the teal and the red together. Great job on this. I am sure she will love it.

Jess said...

the fabric combo is so gorgeous! Now I want both of those fabrics... :D

Mormishmom @ Funky PolkaDot Giraffe said...

FABULOUS!!!! How about an adult version :)

kasthurirajam said...

BEAUTIFUL

Yolanda @ Miss Refashionista said...

Ooooo I heart!!!

Is it as easy as it seems?????

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

So cute! I love the fabric combo too, it's just gorgeous!

creativejewishmom/Sara said...

Love it, so adorable, and a perfect combo of patterns and colors! Thanks so much for sharing another great project on Craft Schooling Sunday!

stanford said...

Maggie looks sooooooo cute in her apron! I made her wear if for eating her lunch today just for fun. You are the best aunt ever!!!

stanford said...

opps, that last comment was from me, Sara!

kristen said...

SO CUTE!!

Cindy said...

That is so sweet, I want to make myself one like that!
Hugs, Cindy

Krafty Kat said...

How adorable! Love those patterns and colors together. Wish I could sew! Would love for you to share this at my link party if you like starting tonight!

http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/

Sibylle @ Funkytime said...

it looks like one of the many beautiful aprons from Anthropologie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...