Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I {heart} Valentine's Day

I {Heart} Valentine's Day.  It is really one of my favorite holidays.  (Christmas and Valentine's Day kind of are a tie for me.)  There is something special about a day when you get to tell your family and friends that you love them.  I don't think we take enough opportunities.  So, our day was filled with fun ways of expressing love.  I think my boys were pretty happy with the day.
We started with my husband and I "Heart Attacking" my boys bedrooms.  We wrote personal notes on all the hearts and then taped them up all over their rooms and doors the night before.  I loved waking up to hearing my oldest son waking up his brother.  "Wake up! Wake up!" he was whispering loudly.  "Look what is all over our room!"  He sounded so excited.  I laid in bed smiling.  Nothing like making your kids feel special.
Then he spent the rest of the morning making his own hearts and messages and taped them up all over everyone else's bedroom. I love this kid. 
Then there was a box of chocolate on their breakfast spots along with a Valentine.  A fun Valentine's Party at the Park with our playgroup friends.  Dinner of mini homemade heart pizzas (that I let them help me roll out and make).  We ended the night with a stack of Valentine's that had come in the mail over the last couple of days.  It was so fun to open Valentine's from our Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, and cousins.  I love family.  Then an at home date with my husband.  Nothing better then that.  It was the perfect Valentine's Day.  I am still feeling the love from it all.  I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day too!

9 comments:

Chris said...

Such fun! I love the heart attack idea....next year.

Ashly@Moon Walk said...

Heart Pizzas! How cute!

Jaime said...

Sweet! I was sad we didn't get around to the heart attacking this year. It's my favorite!

Carly said...

I love that you heart attacked!! I love even more that Tanner then did it all day long to everyone else!

I LOVE YOU!

Letti said...

Your mantle definitely is feeling the love!

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Aww, that heart attack idea is so awesome. I love that your son returned the gesture - what a great kid!

The Loops said...

That mantle looks awesome! I am your newest follower!

http://theloops13.blogspot.com/

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

What a great Valentine's Day!! I love the heart attack idea. So sweet! My kids loved Valentine's Day too. I decided to make those hair rosettes you did a tutorial on for my 2 girls and my niece. They turned out so cute! Thanks again for the guest post. It was excellent!

Keriann said...

Oh I love the mantel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...