Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Travel Checkers

 For Christmas my cute sister Carly Jane made our family this darling Travel Checkers game.  
 The pockets hold the two different sets of checker pieces.  They snap shut. (This is one of my favorite parts. Someday I want a snap machine like her.)
 She ended up making the pieces out of foam although she had wanted to use bottle caps.  If she had known how cheap you could have gotten them she would have.  But, honestly I like the foam pieces.  They are simple and great with kids.
Then it rolls up to look like this. 
Aren't you in love with it too?
I am not sure if she had a pattern/tutorial or made it up herself. 
(I am going to guess she made it up herself. She is good that way.)
Either way, I love it!

11 comments:

kristen said...

That is way cute! I want one :)

Ashly@Moon Walk said...

Is it bad that I want one too? HAHA!

Chris said...

What a sweet idea!

Keriann said...

that is adorable!

Letti said...

What a great idea. Your family is so creative.

Kimberlee said...

Very cute, and what a great idea!
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Carly said...

You're fun! I'm so glad you like it! They seemed like a brilliant idea when I started making sets of them in June... but by December I wasn't so sure!!

(Oh and I did make up the pattern myself... but they're pretty simple so if anyone wants the dimensions, I could pass them along)

Alison said...

Tasha, this is SO cute!! What a fabulous idea!!

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

That is such a great gift!!! What a creative sister you have and it is like a piece of art work too. Very nice!

Julie said...

Wow! This is so awesome! You & your family are a very talented group!

Denise said...

so stealing this GREAT idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...