Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Little Boy Doll Quilt


This last weekend I spent cleaning and reorganizing.  (More to share on that soon.)  While in one of my cupboards I came across a boy doll I had totally forgotten about. (Sorry, Carly, I seriously wish I had found it before Christmas!)  My 4 year got eyes on it and asked if he could play with it.  I said sure.  I am one of those Mom's that really has no problems with my little boys wanting to play with a doll.  He next asked where it's blanket was.  I didn't have one.  I told him I would make him one this week.  Until then he could go borrow a baby blanket from his little brother's closet. 

So, here is the beginning of the blanket.  (Because of course I couldn't just make a small blanket.  It needed to be quilt.  I am weird.  But, when you don't have girls and have the opportunity to make things like this...well, you jump at the chance.  At least I do.)  He got to pick out all the quilt squares.  Since then he has informed me he also needs some bibs.  I am sure it will be short lived he plays with this doll...but I don't mind some accessories.  We have plenty of little girl friends who come play too and I am sure they will be thrilled we have a doll added to our collection of at least 100 match box cars.

7 comments:

kristen said...

Very cute. I love how he showed it to Daryl the other day. I think it's fine that he plays with it too, it's not like it's a girl doll.

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

I don't think it's fine that he plays with it - I think it's WONDERFUL that he plays with it!! The quilt is darling!

Letti said...

Iithink this is a great idea! He will make a great dad someday watch!

Carly said...

OH how much I love (and miss!) that boy. I LOVE that he is all about playing with his little doll... and wants bibs and blankets etc. Seriously, Tasha, whenever you have your next baby, he's going to be the best help, don't you think? I love it. (And I love the quilt! Are you going to machine quilt it? I hope so!)

Chris said...

The quilt is perfect for any kiddo and it's doll. I love the fabrics he chose.

Bonnie said...

I love how bright the quilt blocks are and I am fine with my little boy playing with dolls, too. I know they will be playing high school football the next blink of an eye.

Teje said...

Hello! That tiny quilt is going to be beautiful! You're lucky to have one to play with it!
You have so lovely blog and I'm so happy I found you! Nice to meet you!
Sunny wishes from Crete! Teje
Ps. I have add your button and I'm waiting to join your creation corner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...