Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Handmade Christmas: Day 4 with Somewhat Simple

In 2008 my husband and I were HORRIBLE at making time to spend just the 2 of us, so  I came up with the idea to pre-plan a date night for every month in 2009. I chose dates we probably would not have chosen to do had we decided on the fly to go out, which is usually what we did. Things like going to a comedy club or miniature golfing- all fun activities, but not something we ever made plans to do. When I gave him this for Christmas, I just printed it out on plain white paper and stapled the corners of each page- TOTALLY boring! Today, in preparation for this post, I jazzed it up a bit and made them into coupons you can print and cut and staple together to make a coupon book. Feel free to copy any or all of these and give them to your special someone this year for Christmas. Maybe it will spark your creativity enough for you to come up with some of your own as well! Enjoy!




Thank you Steph!  This is such a fabulous idea.  Stephanie is the creator of the amazing blog Somewhat Simple.  I am sure most of you know which blog I am talking about. She is amazing.  Funny.  A great person. Creative.  I could go on and on.  Stephanie and I grew up together.   Everything you see on her blog is who she is.  I just love her.  If you have a chance go visit Somewhat Simple and tell her I say Hello.

7 comments:

Just Julie said...

Best idea for my husband's Christmas gift... LOVE it!

Katie said...

Perfect Perfect Perfect!!! THis is the best idea ever!

Rosies said...

what a cute idea! that is darling

kristen said...

I LOVE this idea! Daryl was just asking me why he has to plan our dates. He wants me to do it once in a while, this is perfect!

Sarah said...

I did this last year with a bit of a twist. I bought gift cards for each month, then bought a small calendar at Michaels, then covered the pictures for each month with wrapping paper and stuck all the gift cards inside and wrapped it up. It was our 2010 "date book"

Keriann said...

great idea!

★All Thingz Related★ said...

Terrific idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...