Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Handmade Christmas: Day 3 with Cluck Cluck Sew

My name is Allison from over at Cluck. Cluck. Sew. and I'm so excited Tasha asked me to guest post here today! Today we are making these fabric watch bands...I won't even tell you how many of these I've made and I love every single one! They make a great gift, and be sure to checkout the link a few pictures down for the chunky version of the bands. Here goes...
You’ll need:
I bought my watch face at a local craft store (Porters) but you can find them at craft stores in the beads section…or here, here, or here online. Mine was about $10.
For a CHUNKY watch band, see the updated version of this tutorial here.
IMG_6192IMG_6194IMG_6196IMG_6199 IMG_6200
IMG_6208IMG_6213IMG_6215Sewing Stuff-1
If you want to make these for gifts but don’t know how big the recipients wrist is, make them a tad bigger and either use a larger strip of velcro, or a couple of D rings so it can be adjustable. I would make the strip larger and add 2 or 3 sets of snaps so that they can make it tighter or looser. I’m pretty sure every one of my friends/family is getting one of these for Christmas.
Thanks Tasha for asking me to guest post and happy crafting everyone! -Allison

I simply adore these watches.  I definitely want to make some of these.  Don't you?  I love Allison.  The quilts she makes are beyond amazing.  She has a gift with choosing fabrics.  She is one of my favorite blogs to read and I am always inspired by her.  If you don't already read Cluck Cluck Sew you definitely will want to start.  Go check her out HERE


Denise said...

I L*O*V*E this idea!! Where do you find the adorable watch faces?

★All Thingz Related★ said...

This is adorable! I love it so much!

Jessica said...

This is so cute! I love it! I have an old watch that I don't wear anymore and this would be perfect for it. Thanks for the great idea!

Mormishmom said...

This is so cool! I have two of those watch faces and it would be awesome to have some more bands and my SILs would love them.

Suzie said...

I LOVE THESE!!! What great gifts those would make. You have inspired me!!!!!

Suzie @

Heather said...

That just went on my Christmas to-do list. Adorable!

Denise said...

this is my favorite idea so far!

so cute. my girls would love this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...