Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Handmade Christmas: Day 10 with Couturier Mommy

Hello everyone. I am Eva Marie from Couturier Mommy and I am so very pleased to be visiting Creation Corner.

I am a southern girl from Atlanta Georgia (originally from the mountains of western NC) and a SAHM of two amazing kiddos.
In my former career I was a fashion designer and a pattern maker. Now my job is much more challenging. I try to teach and entertain my kids all day everyday. I also have the pleasure of using my talents and gifts to teach the art of sewing. Many of my students prefer to watch instead of read, so I videoed a lot of my posts. Click on over to learn about more fun projects, clothing to sew and free patterns.
Today I am going to teach you how to make this wonderful Play Backpack. It is great for cars or trains. It is perfect for over night trips or visits to the Doctor's office. There is plenty of room for Pj's, Sippy cups and much much more.

Open it up and see what you find.
Pull the draw string and you are ready to go.
Watch this video to learn how to make it.
For the house I used a wooden box from Hobby Lobby. You could easily use a tissue box.
I removed the lid and used as skill saw to cut the little doorways.
Paint any way you like.
Isn't Eva amazing?  Seriously.  I found her through my link parties and I love (love) everything she makes and creates.  This is one of my favorites.  Her patterns are fabulous...and she creates lots of them.  Make sure you go check out her blog HERE.  Love her.    Love love her.


Sarah Marie said...

Love this! I really want to do a girlie themed one for my daughter. We're doing an all handmade Christmas, so this is just perfect. Thank you!

★All Thingz Related★ said...

This would be perfect for my just-turned-3-year-old who had a Thomas the Train party! Very clever!

Carly said...

I love the video tutorial! So helpful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...