Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A work in progress

For some reason I am having some technical problems and bloggers is not letting me download certain pictures I want to use for "Favorite Creations Tuesday".  So, I will keep working on it and hopefully will be able to post them up tomorrow or Thursday.  We shall see what I can do.  In the mean time here is something I have been working on over the weekend.

A good friend of my cousin (whom I know pretty well too) asked if I would help her make some hair pieces for her daughters that are in a wedding this upcoming weekend..  She had a headband she already had and wanted to make a similar hair piece out of the fabric from their dresses.  She didn't want it as a headband since she knew her daughter would just pull it out 10 minutes into the event. 
September 2010 416
This was the original headband.  Isn't is darling?  Oh how I love it.  Seriously.  I could tell what they had done to make it, but, I worried I could actually pull it off.
September 2010 425
Well, my worries were confirmed.  The fabric that I was using was different from the original headband.  A little harder to work with and did not want to lay the same way the other fabrics would.  So, I found some similar black fabric I already had and started playing around.  Here is what I have finally come up with.  (This picture is the actual fabric.) Although, I think I am going to try one more time to get it a little less puffy.  We shall see.
September 2010 426
Then for her younger daughter...that pretty much has very little hair...she wanted something similar, but small.  This is what I cam up with.  I am going to make it a little smaller and maybe a little less puffy as well.  We shall see how the final products come out.  I hope good.  It is always fun exploring new hair accessories. 

9 comments:

Keriann said...

Very cute! I'm sure you'll figure out something just perfect! You are so talented!

Allison Holmes said...

I think they are adorable!

The Funny Farm said...

I am having the SAME problem with blogger, hope we figure it out soon!

Letti said...

they look great. You are just so talented! Thanks for sharing with us.

Jaime said...

Those are beautiful!! Great job!

kristen said...

ooh yummy! I love these!

Denise said...

yours looks fine. what a fun wedding accent.

Amelia said...

these look very cool indeed, certainly a creative corner over here! :)

Amelia.x

Anonymous said...

they look great!! i've been wanting to make something like this... can you post how to? thx!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...