Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Package of Goodness

October 2010 222
Yesterday, I got this package in the mail.  I heard my boys and husband come in with it saying I got a package.  I was thinking to myself "I really don't remember ordering anything right now?  I wonder what it could be."   Then when I saw the name on the front it hit me...one of you sweet blog friends, Ashley, was sending me teeny tiny blankets to be sent in with the ones that had been made by the women from my church.  It made me happy.  I couldn't wait to get it open.  All day I kept thinking about these 5 blankets she sent.  And her sweet note.  It made me think of all you good people out there who have emailed wanting to participate in this project.  To those of you who are starting it in your own areas.  It made me think of all the goodness I see out in blogland.  I am constantly being inspired by so many of you.  Thank you again Ashley for the sweet and kind package.  This small package contains a small gift for 5 women and their families.  5 women and their families who will be needing a little bit of love at a time when so much seems to be lost.  Thank you. 

7 comments:

Letti said...

I love stories like this. Thanks for sharing it with us!

kristen said...

that makes me happy too :)

Keriann said...

Awe that made me cry...a good kind of cry though.

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

Kindness spreads!! Thank you for the information you sent me. I have collected information from my local hospital and we are organizing my MOPS group to have a sew day to make these blankets. We will be doing this in honor of one of our members who just lost a baby in the womb. It was truly in all God's timing that I read your original post and received the email this baby didn't make it. I knew right then and there what the right things to do to honor this sweet baby. Thank you for passing the message.

Mormishmom said...

That is so wonderful. I need to take a break from boutiques and use my talents to serve others.

cleverlyinspired said...

I would love for you to participate in my very first linky party...if you can ;)

Mormishmom said...

I'm so glad you shared this on MM - because it truly is happy joyful mail.

http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...