Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sister Gift

August 2010 045
This last weekend was one of my sister's birthday and I decided to make her something this year. She had seen my shirred skirts when we were together a couple week ago and really liked them. So, I made her this cute one. Since she is a headband fan I wanted to make her a couple of those too. While my younger sister Paige was here last week visiting we whipped out these for her. The rolled cream one I had made her awhile ago, but sadly it broke while she was visiting my parents. Paige kept the rolled flower and we added it onto a silver headband this time. We made her one of these t-shirt headbands and also came up with this new felt creation.
August 2010 060
Don't you love it? I am a bit obsessed. Since Paige is a genius we even made it so the felt piece can move on the headband to be situated where ever it feels right for the person. It is also removable and you can interchange with other pieces. Brilliant. These will coming to my shop soon. I told Paige we need to go into business together.
August 2010 064
I sure do love birthdays. Anyone celebrating one this week?

7 comments:

Denise said...

i am celebrating the birth of a new cousin this week.

what a nice sister you are. got room for another? :-)

KimSecrets said...

You are very talented. I must thank Rags To Stitches for referring me to your blog!

KimSecrets@gmail.com

the thrifty ba said...

so adorable! i want to have a sister!

Bonnie said...

That is a great idea. I love the simple beauty of the felt headband.

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

This is such a nice birthday gift! Your sister is going to love it. My mom's birthday was this week!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Cute Tasha! Thanks for sharing at my pity party and for the comment!!
xo,
Mique

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

I love having 2 sisters!! You are SO CREATIVE!!! Visiting for the 1st time from AZ. I have an etsy shop as well :) Let me know if you ever want to do a giveaway together!! Your stuff is fabulous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...