Monday, August 30, 2010

Shirred Baby Skirt

August 2010 569
This weekend I have been working on some baby presents. I seem to have lots of friends (and family) having little girls right now. In fact, I am pretty sure about 90%+ of my friends are having girls. Which is fine by me. I love making girl things.
August 2010 573
Since I am into shirring right now I came up with this teeny tiny newborn shirred skirt and matching bib this weekend. I am kind of in love with it.
August 2010 577
I really want to make a tutorial for all of you. So, you can join in my teeny tiny baby shirred skirt fun. But, I need to ask a favor first. Do any of you have babies? I need some measurements to make sure I am on the right path. Anyone who has a baby will you send me their waist measurement and also how long from their waist to their knees (approximately). Then tell me what size clothing they are wearing...like newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 9 months etc. It would make me super happy. You can leave a comment or email me at mycreationcorner{at}gmail{dot}com. And hopefully I will have a tutorial out to you by next week. Doesn't this just make you happy too. Baby things are Happiness.

5 comments:

Keriann said...

That is too cute Tasha! Great job!

kristen said...

I know Zack is a boy but they all measure the same right? He is wearing 3-6 months and his waist is 16" his waist to leg is 7"

it turned out very cute!

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

SO CUTE!! What a great gift. You are so good!!

Denise said...

oh darling! i have friends in babygirlville. this would be sew easy to make them. i need measurements too!!

i love all the ideas you come up with and find.

Destri {The Mother Huddle} said...

So cute, I am making some pants with a shirred waste and I love them, so comfy.
On the measurements, if you go to gymboree's website and click on their sizing guide from an item in babies they have a great guideline. I use it a lot for when I am making things for other peoples kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...