Friday, July 9, 2010

Some new fabrics

July 2010 162
I made it to the fabric store yesterday. My mother even let me run off by myself instead of us all going together. It was so fun! I was able to get 13 yards worth of fabric and a few notions for only $26. Who does that? Seriously. Some of them are even Michael Miller and other name brands. Happiness. It was because I went through all the flat folds to get most of my fabric. At this store in the back there are rows and rows of flat fold fabrics. High stacked and hard to thumb through. But, if you are willing to really go through it there are some great finds. Plus they are only $1.98 a yard. Always. Yesterday everything in the store was 20% off. My mother told me before I left to really thumb through these sections. Often the fabric that is on sale in the front for $2.98 or $3.98 (which is still a fabulous price and often has name brand stuff mixed in as well) would be in the flat folds also if I was willing to look. Well, as I was ringing up I saw a lady with a lot of the same fabrics I had cut on bolts and was paying the higher price. I now have a list of projects I hope to get done with these!
2 Skirts for me
A couple dozen headband flowers to go in my shop
10+ fabric pinwheels for a Party I am putting on for the women in my church
A dress for my niece
A bunch of hair clips for my niece and sisters
2 aprons
A bunch of baby bibs
And then some stuff just for fun that I have no idea what I will do with.
Sewing table here I come!


Chris said...

Woohoo! What a score. I'm excited to see what you come up with.

Kimberlee said...

I have a really bad case of fabric envy right now!!!! What a fun weekend you have ahead of you!

kristen said...

yay! I am glad you got your motivation!!

Keriann said...

Oh I am sooooooo jealous! I am going to that store ASAP!! I have a few FQ's of that diamond print on the top of your pile and I love it! That apple print is too cute!!

Jaime said...

Were you at M&L? We were there in the morning. I wish I could have seen you to give you a squeeze! I got some of that same fabric! Fun stuff!

Carly said...

WOW. So awesome. Seriously... happy sewing!! I can't wait ot see what you come up with!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...