Friday, June 18, 2010

Yo-yo Doilies

June 2010 237
As you already know, I love handmade things. I love the time and effort that was put into them. It just plain and simply has more meaning and love with it. For years my Grandmother has been making doilies. Beautiful crocheted ones. I have many different ones in many different colors. I love each and every one of them. I know each ones takes many hours to make and they are complete treasures. More in the recent years she has started makes yo-yo ones. As an anniversary present this year she sent me two. They make me happy. She has made yo-yos into a huge beautiful quilt too. I keep meaning to take a picture of it when I go to visit. If I could only remember. Currently she along with my youngest sister are in the works of making another one. Think of the fun doilies you could make with the scraps from your different quilts and projects. Happiness in yo-yos.
June 2010 242

6 comments:

Denise said...

a pillow covered in yo-yo's would be adorable.

Letti said...

My Aunts were doing these for a while and they made a quilt. It turned out really pretty.

Farah said...

Thats lovely and thanks you give me more ideas about it, very lovely Tasha

http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
check my new post may you find it interesting

俊賢 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amelia said...

These are lovely!

I so agree with you! I much prefer hand-made things made with love. I am in the thick of getting on down with my first 'quilt' and my, it's a lot of work.

Am going to the Selvedge summer fair tomorrow to see lots of handmade goodies, can't wait!!

Amelia.x

皇銘 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...