Friday, June 18, 2010

Last Minute Father's Day Ideas

Are you ready for Father's Day? Maybe, maybe not. But, either way here are a few fun Father's Day ideas out there that seem pretty simple, cute, and fun. So, I thought I would share. And personally I hope to remember some of them for next year.
I love ties. Especially on little boys. But, Father's Day just screams tie to me. So, I loved this idea from over at Me and My Insanity. A tie banner, fun pancakes, make the napkin into a tie, and fill a fun paper bag with what looks like a suit and tie. Actually, the bag with the tie is what the youth in my church are making 70 of to give out to the dad's at our church. I was on the end of making cookies. 70 large chocolate chip and 50 chocolate crinkle. That is a lot of cookies. (And other women are making more too) But, seeing these bags make me how worth it they are going to be.

Alison over at Oopsey Daisy always has the best idea. Making M&M bags into bow ties. Brilliant. Simple. Easy. Cute. Love it. This is what I want to do for the Dad's in our church next year. Way easier and still super cute. I even think our Dad would love one. You could even buy the big bag of M&M's for your own Dad.

I am always a fan of pictures. Love this idea. I found it over at Someday Crafts. This would be simple, easy, inexpensive, and a fun idea for Dad. Or you could do a picture with all the kids in one picture each holding the letter too. Or get all the grandkids together and do one that has letters that says GRANDPA. Wouldn't that be cute. Love this.



And well, this is one of my favorite ideas all together. Alison over at Oopsey Daisy does it again. She really is a fun and brilliant lady. At their house they have a Father's Day theme every year. This year is Superman. So, she made capes for everyone in their family. Love it. She has cupcake toppers and a shirt she will wear all day as well. I just love this. Go check it out here.


The ladies over at HowDoesShe? are also always sharing so many fabulous ideas. Love love love this one. Go check it out here.
I hope some of these ideas help you out! What are you all up to? I would love to see or hear.

5 comments:

kristen said...

i like all the tie ideas. Now if only I could make one. I thought about making a footprint tie that I found over at http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/06/fathers-day-tie.html

Super cute!

Michelle said...

Hi found your blog on TT FMF and glad I did. Very fun ideas. My husband would love the peanut M&Ms one, how easy is that to dress it up. New follower too!

http://a-tisket-a-tasket-books.blogspot.com/

Sunshine of Seven said...

I love these ideas, especially the picture one! Thanks for sharing!!

Alison said...

Aww, thanks so much Tasha for featuring some of my ideas!! I was just thinking that ALL I've done this week is Father's Day stuff... I was wishing I'd done a little more other crafting. Thanks for making me feel better about that!! :)

黃佳伸 said...

Necessity is the mother of invention...................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...