Monday, May 17, 2010

Mini Journals

May 2010 480
This weekend I sewed up these mini journals/notebooks for a Sunday School class I was teaching for some youth in my church. I wanted girl and boy ones so that is why you see the variety of fabric. I really liked the finished product and they were super easy. I am thinking about making some for myself.
May 2010 482
I used cardstock that I cut down to make a square when folded and then took regular paper that I also cut down.
May 2010 483
I ironed on a square of fabric using heat and bond (heavy).
May 2010 477
Then sewed it down the middle to keep it all in place. It would make a fun birthday gift to someone and add a fun pen too.

11 comments:

Just Julie said...

These are adorable! Wouldn't it be so cute to make a mini tote bag and include a journal or two? What size did you cut your papers?

Carly Jane said...

Those turned out just darling. I love them!

Keriann said...

very cute! I'm sure your class will love them!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Cute craft!

the lovely paper blog said...

so cute!! i LOVE this blog and i am pleased to have stumbled upon it!

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

This is a wonderful gift and I personally love journals so I am so going to make this. Thank you so much for joining me again this month at Gifts from the Heart!! At least you and Melissa from Those Northern Skies love making/giving homemade gifts as much as I do!!

Have a great day!

sara said...

These are darling. I hope your class liked them!

A* said...

These are really cute! What a great idea!

Denise said...

what a simple,but lovely idea. my daughter emilie would really like these. and it looks like something she could make and give.

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

This is a great project and will make really nice gifts when given as a set and tied with a matching bow. Patsy from
HeARTworks

Stacey @ Fun to Craft said...

These are really cute Tasha!! I love how they turned out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...