Wednesday, May 12, 2010
1. Take brown paper grocery bags. Put one inside the other. I did 4...but really I should have only done 2. It would have been better.
2. put your candy or goodies inside. Then stuff the rest of the bag full of newspaper you have scrunched up.
3. Fold over the old. Staple it shut tightly. Punch holes in the bag across and string with string or rope. I vote for rope. We used string and it kept breaking.
4. Take Elmer's glue and mix it with a little water. Just water it down a bit.
5. Get out some tissue paper
6. Cut strips and then cut slits up the tissue paper.
7. Take the glue and paint some across the bottom of the paper bags. Then glue down a strip of the tissue.
8. Do this all the way up.
9. Do this front and back
10. I was making an alien monster so I added some arms and legs. I hot glued those on so they would stick faster.
11. Draw your face and then hot glue it on as well.
12. There you go! A homemade pinata.
You could do this and making any pinata you want. Or don't have it be anything, but fun issue decorations. It was pretty easy and simple. You could also use small lunch sacks and let the kids all make their own and then smash their own. That would be a fun party idea as well!