Thursday, May 13, 2010

Baby Boy Shower Present

May 2010 373
On Tuesday night I finally decided what I wanted to make for a baby shower for the following evening. Why I sometimes wait until the last minute to make up my mind is beyond me. But, that is just what I did.
May 2010 321
So, I spent all Tuesday night and then all Wednesday pretty much at my sewing machine. My poor kids. But, I did get the present done.
May 2010 335
I ended up making this cute quilt out of fabrics I had. I went searching through my fabric stash on Tuesday night after I finally made my decision on a quilt. I found a good amount of bright colors from some other projects I have done in the past. I decided to try out the disappearing 9 patch quilt. I was happy with the final product. It definitely took longer then I thought. But, I am not very good at judging things to be honest. Then as a little touch I made this cute monster. I have been seeing some fun monsters out there in the crafting world lately and have loved them. I actually want to make giant ones like this for my boys beds next. Wouldn't that be fun?
May 2010 342
These were for a friend that recently adopted a little baby boy from Africa. He is pretty much a stinkin cute little guy. Every time I see him I cannot help but constantly smile at him. His smile is to die for. It was fun going to her shower last night and giving her these too. I really love giving a handmade present. So, Congrats to Lisa and baby Mark Basa.

17 comments:

Chris said...

Love all of it, Tasha. The monster is adorable, and the quilt's colors are eye catching. I'm sure the little man will love them too. Thanks for sharing!

Mormishmom said...

So cute! I love the monster! Can't wait to see the big ones. Did you find a tutorial or just go for it?

Carly Jane said...

So I seriously love them both!! You are so talented. I love how simple the monster is... but so cute! I want to make one too!! And the quilt turned out so bright and cheery and perfect. He is one lucky little fellow!

Oh and I seriously can't believe you busted both of those out in a day and a half (or less?). Wow.

Alison said...

Holy cuteness!! I hope you show this off when you guest post for Baby Week. I love it!! I love that this is boy-oriented, too.

Erica said...

SO. ADORABLE. That quilt is gorgeous and your monster creation is so cute! Both will be loved and treasured, I'm sure. :o)

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

Amazing!! You made this the night before??? Just Amazing. I know she is going to love it. BTW- I am hosting a baby shower for a mom expecting her 3rd boy do you have any tips or ideas? I know you have 3 boys and wanted to see if you had any ideas.

You are so talented!!

Keriann said...

That monster is too adorable!! I think big ones would be so fun a the boys beds!! And great job on the quilt! I just love playing around with the disappearing 9 patch!

Denise said...

darling. your quilt and monster look TERRIFIC!

i have a baby shower to sew for next week. i will make blocks, burp cloths, and maybe some personalized onsies.
giving handmade is new for me, but i love the expressions when the receiver sees what was created especially for them.

Allison said...

SO So CUTE! That is one lucky baby!!! Love your fabric choices too, they are so bright and cheery! -Allison

Sew It To Me said...

I love the monster! Any chance you will share how you created him :) I would love to make one for our baby boy.

陳LupeCristobl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Fabric Market said...

These just make me so dang happy...they are so cute!

LovelyBlogger said...

Eeek! I love it...well, I love anything Monster related! Great Work! Hope you'll visit sometime!

www.superstinkyboys.blogspot.com

Ginger
SSB

Lori said...

Very cute..

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori. Please join me next week for another great party.

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

Still loving this!! I have featured this on my blog today!!

Cook Clean Craft said...

What a cute, cuddly little man!

I'm following you now!

Design Esquire said...

This is AWESOME. What an amazing gift.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...