Saturday, April 17, 2010

Double Washer Necklace

I am completely in love with stamped metal jewelry right now. I have said it before and I will say it again...I really want to try my hand at it! The first thing I have to do though is save up to buy the stamp sets. They are not cheap. I just saw these washer necklaces over at Not So Idle Hands. Emily over there is amazing. Seriously. She has so many great ideas all the time. Love her. We have seen washer necklaces everywhere, but I just love this idea of the double metal stamped. Go check out her blog and the tutorial on how to make these here.

7 comments:

Kendra Goodrich said...

I am just starting to get into them myself! You can get some block print ones pretty cheap from Harbor Freight or other hardware places. They are not as fancy or pretty as some of the other fonts out there but its great for practing! It's a lot harder than it looks!

Jill said...

Someone beat me to it but I was just going to post a link for the metal stampers from Harbor Freight

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=stamps

They are between $5-$9 for a 36 peice stamp set. And they really work well. Try those before you go investing in an expensive fancier font.

kristen said...

there is a harbor freight right in SB.

I also love stamped jewelry. I am always entering giveaways to win one but never do :(

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

I think I saw them at Michaels for $30.00 and if you get a 40% off coupon they wouldn't be so bad.

I hope you join me this month for my Gifts from the Heart Party!! I have taken your suggestion and it will be opened for a week!!

Have a great day!!

Jaime said...

These are everywhere right now! I have some friends who do them too. Fun stuff. Hey, I just featured you on my quilting blog. Sorry to use the picture of you that you don't like as much, but I think it's fabulous and is just how I always picture you, smiling and enjoying life!

Emily said...

Hey thanks for the super sweet shout out! i LOVE your blog......you are sooooo talented!!!! :)

Mom to Many said...

I scored a set at Harbor Freights Dollar Days sale for 4 bucks. :o) Now to get some washers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...