Monday, March 15, 2010

Quilt of Faith

It is finished.
Well, almost.
There is one square with Bronson's name and a scripture to be added on the back.
But then it will be done.
It has taken me a lot longer then I thought.
But, I have learned so much.
This is my first large quilt I have actually quilted.
Before they were only baby ones.
And never quilted this much.
I learned a lot.
Unpicked a lot.
Got upset a lot.
Clear thread is a pain.
Just saying.
But, it is all worth it.
I just get happy looking at it.
I cannot wait to get it in the mail to Bronson and his family.
Thank you to everyone who sent me squares.
To everyone that prayed for Bronson and his family.
Thank you for supporting this project.

And if you are wondering what I am talking about go here.
And if you want to learn about Bronson's family go here.


Kathryn said...

it turned out so amazing! excellant job!

Kimbo West said...

so so cute! THe time it must have taken! wish I had that patience! found you form skip to my lou

Kama said...

That is an awesome quilt!

Kaysi said...

So cute! I love the colors!

Maridith said...

Amazing!! Amazing!! Great job! Makes me want to get out a quilt a started about 9 years ago. You should feel so accomplished to finish something so time consuming and so beautiful!! Love it!

Carly Jane said...

Tasha, it turned out just perfect! I'm so proud of you. next time I'm going to do a big quilt (you know, for the first time), I'm calling you!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

It's beautiful, and what a wonderful gesture. I've found you from Skip to my Lou. This story really touched my heart.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

It's beautiful, and what a wonderful gesture. I've found you from Skip to my Lou. This story really touched my heart.

Letti said...

I love it. It turned out so much better than I could have ever imagined it too.

Maggie said...

That is breath taking - you've done a lovely job.

Tammy said...

This is just beautiful. I love quilts!

Jamie C. said...

It turned out great! I love the abc, 123 fabric in the middle. I can't get the pictures big enough to see exactly what it is, but I really like it.

Lisa O said...

The quilt turned out AMAZING! I love the bright happy colors, and the quilting is perfect!

Tasha, you really are an angel for coming up with this wonderful idea and following through with it. We are all so glad baby Bronson is doing so well.

Army Wife Quilter said...

i like the bright colors and dont feel bad about taking so long i have a quilt that took 4-5 months. i made a quilt for an army reserve building. waiting for all the units to send me a shoulder patch. wow out of 12 units only 10 sent patches and one after i finished the quilt. you can see it at

good luck on your next project

Bobbie said...

that is so cute! I would love for you to link up to check me out saturdays

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Beautiful! I used to do a lot of quilting so I know how much work that was. You did a beautiful job!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden!

Veronica said...

Very beautiful, love it. I have featured your project on my blog over at Veronica's Korner. Stop by and grab your button.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...