Saturday, January 30, 2010

Refurbishing

So, I have this new little obession. (I think I have a few too many obessions to be honest. But, lets not talk about that.) I really want to try my hand at refurbishing. This last summer we bought a fixer upper house. We (meaning my husband) has been working hard putting it together. Now, I am ready to finally do some decorating. But, the budget is very small. So, why not buy old and used and redo right? Well, that is what I am going to try. I just found this fun and fabulous blog called Mustard Seed Creations. Really. She is fabulous. She has amazing skills too. I am not trying to get to her level, but I would love to try my hand at it. Look at some of her fabulous stuff.


I am thinking frames is a good place to start.

I just happen to love how she hung those plates over the bed too. Had to stick it in.


And then look at this table. Amazing.

I don't know if I will be able to do it. But, I am going to try. Just like all things crafty it is trial and error right? That is why if I buy my things at D.I. or a Good Will type store I don't have that much to lose. So, we shall see what I can do. (First up: Some frames and my kitchen chairs. Wish me luck!)

3 comments:

Carly Jane said...

I just was looking at her website too... where was the link from? Anyhow, she really is great. I think it's a great idea to refurbish stuff! Ashley at MakeItAndLove it just did some chairs that I loved. I think frames is a good place to start too. Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

Jamie C. said...

Tasha, thank you for your lovely blog. You find WAY better i deas out there than I do. I can't get over how much I love those Valetines bags! I am heading to the fabric store tomorrow, I honestly haven't seen something more perfectly suited for me and my kids in a long time. THey will love them! THanks again!

dctorg said...

Gold Frame in Westminster has some fun frames you can usually get at good prices ..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...