Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fabric Strip Hearts


Valentine's Day Fabric Strip Hearts
Materials Needed:
Fabric (to tare into strips)
Cording
Hot Glue Gun
Scissors

Here is the cording I bought. I got it at Walmart in their craft section. It was pretty cheap too. You are going to take your cording and cut it into 3 strips. I did mine 22 inches each.

Next take your scissors and cut a small clip about an inch to an inch and a half wide. Then tare the fabric the rest of the way down.

You want a good pile of these strips to cover 2 of your 22 inch pieces of cording.

Then you want to get your hot glue gun nice and hot. Take an end of the cording. (I wrapped my ends of the cording in clear tape too. You don't have to do this, I just did to keep it together.) Put a small amount of glue on one end and glue a small piece of your cut strips of fabric.

Glue it down on both sides. Do this to both ends of the cording.

Next, you're going to start gluing the strips of fabric down by wrapping it around the coring like this.

I just put a small amount of hot glue here and there to make sure the fabric was secure.

Here is what my end looked like when I was finished. Make sure to glue down the ends so they do not pull up.

Now, you are going to shape your wrapped cording into a heart and hot glue the two pieces together.

The bottom you can also put into a point and put a small amount of glue to hold it together. I did this on one of my hearts, but decided on the other two I did not like it as well. So, it is up to you on what you like.

Then I added a white strip of fabric as a bow.

I made three of these and finally glued all 3 together. You could hang them on a wall or just put them up against something like I did.

11 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Tasha, those are so cute and fun!

Carly Jane said...

Fabulous and fantastic. I need to start "feeling the love" for this oh-so-favorite holiday!

casserole said...

These are awesome! You could hang them on your door, too. Ohhh, the possibilities!!

Kimberly said...

So fun! Thanks for sharing.

Letti said...

Those are adorable Tasha.

Treasia Stepp said...

Those are really cute. Thanks for the tutorial.

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Cute, cute. These can be really fun to do.

Shannon said...

VERY cute! I'm going to feature this on my blog this Friday! Check it out :o)

Dawn said...

These are adorable-thank you for sharing!!

Julie Bagamary said...

These are great.

Lisa said...

I really like this! It's really cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...