Monday, January 25, 2010

Birthday Bib


Today, my little guy turned 1. I wanted to do something fun for him to wear and came up with the idea of a bib (since he wears one a lot anyways.) I actually just took a bib I already had and then covered it. I used heat and bond light (that you can sew with) and cut out some fun rectangles that I rounded the edges and then a 1 on top for his age. It was easy, fun, and cute! He has been wearing it all day.

This could be a fun baby shower gift, but do 12 of them. One for each month of their first year. I have seen onesies done with the months, but bibs might be even more versatile since most babies where a bib at least when they are eating.(You would want to do smaller bibs for babies though. I probably would have even done a smaller bib this time if I had one.)

6 comments:

Keriann said...

Awe he so cute Tasha! You really have adorable boys! And what a fun idea making him a birthday bib! I'll have to steal that in 6 more months!

Heather@ theherberfamily.blogspot.com said...

That is just so darling!

Please feel free to link it up to Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family!

http://theherberfamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/talented-tuesday.html

Andrea @ The Train to Crazy said...

What a cute little birthday present!

Scrappy Gifts said...

cute! Great ideas for month to month bibs too

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

so cute! i cant believe it has been a year!

simplydesigning.blogspot.com said...

This turned out very cute! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog to share it! I will have to make one of these for my little boy who's arrival is impending...well, in a month!
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...