Friday, December 18, 2009

Yummy Soup and a whole bunch of red loven

This week I made one of my favorite, easy soups and thought I would share the recipe. Of course we dined on our christmas dishes and even did it to candle light. During Christmas I love to eat dinner with fun christmas dishes (I got mine from Target. I started collecting them 6 years ago. I now have a place setting for 16 in plates and am working on salad plates. I {heart} christmas dishes. Just saying. They make me happy every night I put them out.)

Chicken Pasta Soup
5 cups Chicken Broth
3 cups water
2 chicken breasts
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups uncooked pasta of your choice (I like to find fun ones when I can)
1 1/2 tsps. Thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Put it all into a pot (except the pasta), bring it to a boil and then let it simmer for 20 minutes. Take out the chicken and add the pasta. Cook the soup 10-15 more minutes (until the pasta is done) and chop the chicken up into small pieces/shredd it and then put back into the pot. Mmm, enjoy! I like to eat it with some fun bread too! (This week I used some of my rotissouri chicken left over from another meal. That was extra delicious. Costco makes a great rotissouri chicken. Just an idea.)

And I am still working on projects. Look at this fun red yumminess. I {heart} red and fabric. Both comined, fabulous. I cannot wait to show you my finished projects. Not yet though, not yet.


Annikke said...

I could use some of this right now! YUM!

Mama Holli said...

Oh such a comfort soup!! This is a soup to come home to for sure! So glad you posted it up!

Anjie said...

This looks so yummy and easy to make! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...