Monday, December 21, 2009

Simple Tablerunner

This year I have sewn or made almost all my Christmas present. Some are done and some are still in the making. (And yes, I know Christmas is just 2 days away. Yikes!) The last two days I have been at my Moms and she is helping me get more accomplished. She is amazing all and in her self. Really. I have never met another person who has her talent and energy. Amazing. Anyways. Here is one project I worked on this last weekend. It is for my MIL. Hopefully she will like it. But, it is a very simple table runner. What you need.

Fun pieces of fabric. I bought an assortment of 1/4 yard purple fabrics. Then I used the 1/4 yard length by 2 1/2 inches. cut these strips using your rotary cutter.

Then you are going to sew them together. Make sure to iron them out straight. Then you will cut out a piece of Wonder Under and a back fabric the same length as you chose your front pieces to be. I then pinned the whole three pieces together and quilted it down each line like this:

Finally I bound it all together. I used 2 3/4 quarter inch binding. A lot of people use smaller, but I like mine this size. And well, this is how Debbie Mumm makes hers and she is a pretty amazing quilter, so there you go.

It turned out great, was super easy, and fun! I will be making more of these I am sure. Hopefully I will be able to share more of the fun I have been up to this week soon. (And this project completely done too. I guess I never took a picture of the completed project.)

4 comments:

Keriann said...

That is so fun and simple! Great job! TFS

CarmineDPaynter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joyous said...

I love all the purple fabrics! I'm sure it turned out great!

Carly Jane said...

I have a thing for sewing strips of fabric together... I should make one of these!

ps. I'm glad you finally did get all your projects done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...