Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Flower Themed Baby Shower

In a couple weeks I am putting on a baby shower for a good friend of mine who is having a little girl. I wanted to pick a fun theme. This is her 6th child and I really want her to feel special. I came up with a "Flower" theme. Here are some of my ideas. If you have seen anything else fun and cute out there please share!

Skip to my Lou is one of my favorite blogs. Here are some cute ideas she did for a luncheon she put on. I won't use them exactly, but I do love these cones that hung on the back of the chairs. I might make a few and just hang them in different places and have candy in them people can eat during the party.

This cupcake is darling! I won't make the cute basket, but might make these flowers and put them just on top of cupcakes. (maybe have the flower be a little smaller too)

Love love love Bakerella and these cake pops are perfect! I defiantly want to attempt these. I sure hope my energy holds up doing all this (and trying to move just days after the shower!).

Really like this idea too. I won't necessarily do these circles, but maybe put a fake flower there instead. It would add to decorations too.
These came from a new blog I just found where they feature parties. These are fondant cupcake toppers. I am thinking they would be fun to put on cookies. Or I might just make flower shaped sugar cookies and decorate them cute like this.

Other ideas are a cute invitations that I will make and put a flower on in some way. Food wise I want to do cupcakes or a cake, sugar cookies, and those cake pops. Then I will either do salads or finger foods. I am leaning more towards different salads though. And for favors I am making these cute fabric flower pins. I will buy potted flowers as prizes for the games too. I might even attempt to decorate the pots in some way. I will post pictures after the Baby Shower.

1 comment:

Carly Jane said...

You are too cute and such a great friend. I'll let you know if I see anything that would add to your theme!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...